Laura Carite MA LPC RYT ACS
Gestalt Therapist/ Trainor/ Supervisor/ Yoga Instructor
Licensed Professional Counselor with a Masters Degree in clinical psychology. She has 27 years of varied clinical experience in inpatient, outpatient, residential, crisis care and managed care and has been in private practice 18 years. Laura is an Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) in NJ. She is a board member and newsletter editor for The Association for the Advancement of Gestalt Therapy (AAGT). She practices as a somatically oriented Gestalt therapist in New Jersey and offers CEU trainings in Gestalt Therapy at various universities. Laura has been practicing yoga and mindfulness for 20 years.
- Four -year clinical fellowship in Gestalt therapy (Gestalt Associates in Psychotherapy, NYC
- One-year training in Gestalt Group Therapy (The Group Project, NYC),
- Two-year Certificate in Somatic Psychotherapy (Center for Somatic Studies, NYC),
- Two-year training in developmental couples’ therapy (The Couples institute, CA),
- EMDR Levels 1,2, and 3 (The Parnell institute)
- ACS Approved Clinical Supervisor.
- 200 hr Yoga Teacher Certification
- 200 hr Yoga therapy Teaching Certification